WELCOME!

My name is Denika A. E. Wade, and I have been an educator for 20 years at the primary and middle school levels. Most of my time has been spent in 6th -8th grade Social Studies. This is my very first blog and blog post.  Richardson (2010) encourages us to get started but start small. As I explore the possibilities of blogging and all the skills I will gain, I invite you all to join me on the ride. Feel free to comment and share in this experience so that I can grow!

When I am done, I will introduce my students to a whole new learning environment of communication and collaboration. Tucker (2014) reminds us that "The digital age is here, and it is evident that educators must embrace the 21st century learning paradigm shift to ensure that students are adequately prepared for the global workforce." 

Let's get prepared to prepare them!

Reference

Richardson, W. (2010). Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms (3rd ed., pp. 43–54). Corwin Press.

TUCKER, S. Y. (2014). Transforming Pedagogies:
Integrating 21st Century Skills And Web 2.0 Technology. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, 1. https://doi.org/10.17718/tojde.32300

Comments